Thread: Linhai bighorn 28 UTV

Linhai bighorn 28 UTV

I see many of these now coming to market. I test drove one at a new dealership and to my surprise it had good power and performed amazingly well. Has anyone else encountered this brand??. Pricing is considerably less than established brands. I know this company has been around for a long time and is associated with Yamaha. Just wondering how their ATV's/UTV's are planning out.

Re: Linhai bighorn 28 UTV

Generally, there's a reason why they are priced considerably less than the name brands.
    The old adage applies. You get what you pay for.
    06 660 Rhino
    Support the efforts of those keeping your riding areas open
    Join your local club
    Calgary ATV Riders

its true you will spend time fixing it [hell i own a knock off]
    tie rod ends
    bearings
    oil seals rubber boots of any sort
    ball joints starter solinoids
    ALL CRAP if your a handy person go 4 it but now you know
    I found out guys here don't have much sympathy 4 some one who buys off shore breaks it and then have to wait months literly to get it fixed.
    Mine's taken a lot of time finding better parts to put on it to make it half assed reliable. Enjoy your ride when you decide rider
    PS my dad always said "Sympathy somewhere between shit and syphilisin the dictionary"
    08 chase 500
    custom checker sides
    (famous eskimo saying)
    Don't Eat Yellow Snow
    couple sleds but this is about 4 wheelin
    oh ya a boat too lol

Do any of you guys own a Linhai or you just bashing because it is Chinese?

The Bighorns and Linhai ATVs come from the same factory as their joint venture with Yamaha. The Bighorns are very very reliable and on par with the big brands.

I own a couple Linhai ATVs and while they are a bit basic they are very reliable and affordable. You'll see Linhai around for a while. They are backed (owned) by the chinese govt', have investment and partnership with Yamaha - they are for real folks.

Just signed on to the forum, sorry for zombie-ing the thread, but it drives me a bit crazy to hear bashing from folks who don't know the actual product or story.

Linhai is actually a decent product for the price point. We sell them at my work and have relativily minor issues with them. When we first took on the line I grabbed a Bighorn demo for the girlfriend and coolers and she went anywhere the rest of us went, mud , sand, slime, no ball of fire in high range, but quite able in low.

Thanks for the input guys. I am a yamaha bigbear owner for over 10 years now. Wanted a side by side and did finally buy the linhai Bighorn 28. I could see the drivetrain was very similar in many ways to my Yamaha. So this helped in the decision to buy. I did a little on line research on Linhai and learned of the association with Yamaha. Have had the Bighorn for over a year now and have found it good for a basic hard working machine. It stands up to my demands on it well and is a very reliable machine. I can recommend it as a good basic runner with good features for the pricepoint.
    Last edited by bigbear1; 04-09-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Question Re: Linhai bighorn 28 UTV

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear1 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I am a yamaha bigbear owner for over 10 years now. Wanted a side by side and did finally buy the linhai Bighorn 28. I could see the drivetrain was very similar in many ways to my Yamaha. So this helped in the decision to buy. I did a little on line research on Linhai and learned of the association with Yamaha. Have had the Bighorn for over a year now and have found it good for a basic hard working machine. It stands up to my demands on it well and is a very reliable machine. I can recommend it as a good basic runner with good features for the pricepoint.
    Hey guys,
    I am thinking of a Bighorn 28, I've just started my search and see a dealer here that is advertising starting at $7900.00. Any one know if this is a fair price for one of these?
    Any other owners out there that can comment on the quailty of these?

BigRocKK. Just found your post. Didi you get a bighorn???? Still have mine . Still no issues so far. Mine was a late fall purchase and was one thousand less than you listed with a winch thrown in.

I've bought one also, and am quite pleased with it
    If it flies, f*cks, or floats... it's cheaper to rent it!