Amp draw on Warn Winch

I have the 2500 lb Warn winch.

When bought the dealer said be aware of using the winch (while plowing or not) and the lights at the same time. Draws alot of power.

IS this something to be concerned about?

When I was winching myself out of the snow banks I just made sure I kept my rmps up a little more to compensate.....is this a suitable solution?
    <font color="red">2006 Honda Rubicon TRX500 - RED</font>
    1. 2500 lb. Warn Winch
    2. 4' Kimpex Plow
    3. Kimpex Trunk/"Seat"

More mods to come...

Re: Amp draw on Warn Winch

I have seen many winches being used along with the headlights and nobody has had a problem. I have not had a chance to use my winch yet. The mudholes are all frozen and there isn't enough snow to stuck yet.
    2007 Honda Rincon

2007 Kawi Brute Force 750

2001 TRX350 Honda Rancher

If you're in a deep mud hole and are using the winch to get yourself out turn off all other electrical items. The more juice going to the winch the better.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]2005 <span style="color: #D10909">Yamaha Kodiak</span> 450[*]2008 <span style="color: #004040">Toyota Tundra</span> DC Off Road[*]2009 <span style="color: #808000">KZ Spree</span> 261RKS RV[/list]</span>

it depends on the load applied.

This is right from a warn 2.5ci pamphlet

load vs amp draw
    0 lb - 18 amps
    500 lb - 51 amps
    1000lb-88 amps
    1500lb-125 amps
    2000lb-165 amps
    2500lb-204 amps
    TRX350FM
    XR650L

I have a Foreman TRX500FM which I'm assuming is a very similar setup to yours.

I have heated grips front and back on the passenger box. I also have two hella 4000 lights on the bike with a 100w bulb each. So far I have had only one problem.

I went for a night ride a couple weeks back and got stuck. I had everything on, both grip warmers, all the lights (2 hella's + 3 bike lights) and I had to winch myself out. The winching was not a problem. I got myself out of the hole. About 1 - 2 minutes after I got out and started down the trail again. My 4wd light started flashing 4 times then off in a cycle. I was opening a trail in about 2' of snow so the bike was working hard with low RPMs. I had to cut my ride short cause the bike would not go into 4wd and I just couldn't get anywhere with just 2 wheels. Once back I started thinking about why the 4 wheel drive was not sticking. I decided to go back and start the bike to see if anything changed. When I did, the bike almost didn't turn over cause the battery was almost flat. So I turned everything off and went for a ride. Sure enough after a couple minutes, the 4wd worked like a charm.

I regularly run the bike with the hand warmers and lights on + a GPS without any problem. I figure it was the winch that did me in. As long as you're not trying to power as much crap as I am and use your winch, I suspect you'll be fine with the lights on or off.
    ------------------------------------------
    2005 Honda TRX500FM
    Hella Rallye 4000's w/100W Xenons
    Lowrence airmap 100 GPS
    27" ITP 589
    Detroit Gearless Locker
    Warn 2500 Winch

A guy has to know or remember that the alternator only puts out about 10 amps MAX= about 300-350 watts.Thats total including ignition and whatever else you run.Do the ,math and you'll se that it CANNOT run the winch your battery does and its not very big as far as amp hours go.So while you cna winch yourself out the recovery time for the electrical system is substantial if you have a lot of accessories going!!
    2004rubicon,mud bugs,disc brakes,bumpers,detroit locker,perfex kit .2002450es,bear claws,detroit gearless locker,disc brakes,front roll bars and both have a bunch of other stuff