Trailer to pull behind ATV

Has anyone found a reasonably priced pull behind trailer for your ATV , $300- $400 ? Something that can hold a dozen or so pieces of firewood, or equivalent of a wheelbaroow of gravel.

I see some priced way up at $800 but for half that I think I could make one out of one of those CTC self dump wheelbarrows they sell for $100 by cutting of legs and merging the handles into a trailer hitch setup.
    Anyone have any comments?
    thanks
    jake

Re: Trailer to pull behind ATV

$499.00 at Costco

Costco trailer
    Looking for a new toy...

Or this at Sears, I have one for the lawn tractor, not sure if you'd want to go racing down a trail with it behind your quad though. Only $159.00

Sears Trailer

Looking for a new toy...

If you look around you should be able to find the parts to make one yourself for cheap. Check Ebay for the main parts (axles, tires, hitch) and pick up some 1/8plywood, a few bolts and L mounts and your good to go

For a bigger trailer I like The Bush Burro from Trailers R Us. Its on my wish list once income tax comes in
    Big Bear 400 4x4
    25" Mudlite XL
    Cargo Seat/Footpegs
    2500 pound winch w/remote

Canadian tire has actual trailers you pull behind quads as well, 16 cubic feet and 20 cubic feet i cant remember how much though probably about 400 or 500 bucks
    2001 Yamaha Warrior
    k&N filter
    removed exhaust baffle
    (cant afford pipe yet lol)
    custom aluminum plater where stock headlights were

go to http://www.tscstores.com, p.122 there's a couple of models to choose from there at a reasonable price, not sure if you have one of these stores in your area, anyway hope this helps

gates

02 700 Polaris
    02 400 Polaris

thanks for the suggestions folks, I think I will cut and paste the catalogue page to TSC for my wife to buy me for Christmas their 500 lb garden tractor trailer for $159, I figure for around the yard ..... that will do just fine and easier to further improve the design later when you already have a base to work from.

(we just got one of those TSC stores in the Sault, lots of great stuff ! )

if ya got a home hardware catalog it shows an ATV cart taht can dump for 379.99 has a heavy axle and atv tires,bought on m'self and love it,similar to costco but a heavier construction,not a bad deal.

Here is my choice......I like it alot and it's quiet unlike those metal ones that make alot of noise when loading wood, rocks, or whatever. Not to mention towing it fully loaded.

Polar Sport Off-Road ATV Trailer 1500-Lb. Capacity, Model# 8233
    Hauls dirt, rock, wood, small livestock and more across the toughest terrain. Has all-steel frame, wide-track tires, bearing hubs with grease fittings, and exclusive tilt and pivot trailer bed for easy loading and unloading. Body is high-impact polyethylene. Great for farm chores, hunting or working around the yard. Has pin attachment style hitch. Wheels trail in the track of your ATV. U.S.A.

Link to order -

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5074_200135074
    2008 Polaris Sportsman 800 H.O.
    2500 lb. Warn Winch 2.5
    Front - Rear Guards
    Glacier Plow System

I went to Home Depot and they have John Deere Trailers there for around $200.00 with a dump. Mine works great hauling rock wood or anything else you want to put in it.
    "Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry."
    2007 Polaris 800 EFI Deluxe
    2500 Winch
    Hand Warmers
    PowerBlade Snow Plow
    Rear Storage Seat
    Mud lites ITP C-6 Rims
    26X9X12 Fronts
    26X12X12 Rears

Why dont you make one yourself. I use old dodge mnivan rear axles flip them upsidedown lots of ground clearance, spacesaver spare tires (dirt cheap new rubber) cut & reweld centre section to suit your width requirement . 2x2 1/8 wall for frame If you want it to dump make a pivot on the axle where the tounge meets. this make a trailer that will carry more than most bikes will pull for a few hundred bucks .I dont think much of garden tractor trailers ,no real wheel bearings, built from stamped tin, they fold up like a fat man stepin on a beercan.
    08 800EFI sportsman with Tatou 4s tracks+other addon crap
    99 500 sportsman
    91 350 bigbear
    01 800 XCR sold
    Lots of old stuff
    04 bordercollie mix
    69 RT-SE Charger

I agree with Polar rod!! I built a trailer with a Dodge Caravan rear axle. Everything together cost me a grand total of $170.00. Have a look in my gallery... there are a few pics there. Since the pictures, I have added sides and a tailgate. The floor is made out of 2" pine. This trailer is definitely less expensive, and WAY more durable than half the stuff sold at home depot or Cambodia Tire.
    Just my two cents...
    Colin Saunders
    2005 Suzuki Vinson
    2.5 Warn Winch
    Rear seat
    Custom rear rack/ custom front bumper
    Aftermarket coolant heater
    Custom warning strobe light
    Custom rear bumper with back-up lights
    Home made trailer
    Collett communicator
    60" Safari Powerblade