Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Motobishi 700cc ATV

Wow, I just got a look at the new '08 Motobishi 700cc Atv and am very impressed with what i have seen. When they released the '07 it was only available in a 500cc model. It hasn't dissapointed any of it's riders but is limited to it's smaller motor. I guess the saying 'ask and you shall receive' comes in to play here, the dealers were overwelmed with requests for a BIGGER cc atv and it didn't take them long to respond. They have made an awsome 686cc motor that can be transplanted into 2 or 3 diffrent body styles. They also have killer aluminium rims and tire. I don't have any pics to show but I will keep trying to find some and more info. Looks like a killer quad for decent price!
    Let me know what you think.

Re: Motobishi 700cc ATV

How much do these things cost?
    Big Bear 400 4x4
    25" Mudlite XL
    Cargo Seat/Footpegs
    2500 pound winch w/remote

I heard $7495.00 with a 3000 lb winch and the upgraded rims and tires. Which is crazy cheap compared to most other 700cc.

You wouldn't happen to be a dealer would you?

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE $8495.00
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Camo $7995.00
    2007 Honda Rincon 680 $7495.00
    Big Bear 400 4x4
    25" Mudlite XL
    Cargo Seat/Footpegs

Myself, I think that is expensive. I'm not the most knowledgeable person on this site about bikes. But I think that is expensive for a bike that isn't that well knowen as a brand.

I think the 750 King quad from Suzuki is around that same price. Granted it doesn't come with a Winch. I'm not trying to say Motobishi is a junker. Just that I don't like the idea of paying so much for a machine that isn't a house hold name.

As a poor person , I'd like to see off brand ATV's do really well, to force the price of name brand ones down. But I don't think that is going to happen, when they are priced competitivly like that.

Again, nothing against Motobishi. I just wish they were a bit cheaper. Same as like Moose ATV's and Other Off-Brand Ones. I looked at a bunch of off brand ATV's this year, and I couldn't find any off brand ones that were as good, or better then name brand ones. That were alot cheaper. I ended up settling on a Suzuki vinson. Which I actually paid less for, then most of the off brand ones I was looking at.
    2007 Suzuki Vinson (Camo)
    2500lb Warn Winch
    Warn Plow
    Hand & Thumb Warmers

no i'm not a dealer, I own a motobishi chase 500 and have been in contact with the dealer in my area. Those prices are for old stock the 07 motobishi sells for 5999.00

I owned an 05 660 grizzly before this and after all was said and done it was over $11,000cnd. So for a few thousand dollars {which may not be a lot to some but is to me} I have almost an identical quad. The only thing it lacks from the yamaha is power, but hopfully the new 700cc will make it up. Don't give up on the off brand too soon they improve every year. Also don't be so hung up on names because all the "big names" have put out crap from time to time.

I am selling 650i Brute Forces for 7100.00. I know there isn't fancy rims and tires or aq winch at that price but I think someone would be a fool to buy a chinese quad at around the same price.The guy's selling the imports better drop there prices.It just makes no sence to me to buy Chinese right now while these Japanese quads are going so cheap.
    2006 Brute Force "650i",with...784 BigBore,11.5:1 pistons Race Cams etc etc,(110Plus hp),Elkas,Ricochet skid plates,Muzzy Pro Exhaust,Dyna FS ignition,SS212's on 27" Zillas HEMI Orange Engine lol etc etc etc etc etc.....

add rim tires and a 3000lb winch and and tell me your price.

Although your quad may have a japanese name all the parts and most of the fabrication is in china. There is no way all the "big names brands" could produce there product outside china and still be competative in price. Everything is made in china weather you want to believe it or not. Only the design and engineering is done in there old japanese facilities. In case you haven't heard the chinese are taking over the world! Like it or not!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">add rim tires and a 3000lb winch and and tell me your price. </div></div>

cause what's more important than fancy rims....oh ya RELIABILITY!!!
    02 Wolverine, FMF Megamax, Dial-A-Jet, K&N, 25in Bearclaws, 2500lb Warn, hot grips/thumb,110w driving lights, etc
    93 Suzuki RMX250, Gnarly pipe, GP steering damper
    87Yamaha XT350, Supertrap, 98 Honda XR70, 01 Honda XR50

since your so concerned about it's reliability how about you give me some examples of issues you have with Motobishi reliability because I haven't heard anyone with anything more than ther usless opinion and lack of knowlage.

all i wanted was a fair price comparison thats why i wanted a price with rims tires and a winch.

You probably rely on chinese product all day long so why not a quad?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You probably rely on chinese product all day long so why not a quad? </div></div>

Watch the news much? I wouldn't be bragging up chinese product as being reliable lately, when they can't even produce safe childrens toys. You seem fairly hung up on the Motobishi, for not being a dealer, no other intrests? I think while you said it yourself, design and engeneering play a fairly critical role in an atv being put together correctly. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can-AM, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic cat all have become more well known names, and PROVEN themselves. I would feel much safer putting MORE money on one of these than putting a few thousand less on a motobishisushialafragalistic2008. I will let you and other brave souls test them out until they have proven themselves worthy, but not I!! You mentioned that no one has any substantial comments about Motobishi reliability,, well thats simply because no one here other than you probably owns one, or has even heard of them!.

You don't come across as being very impartial on this topic.
    04.5 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin (yellow)
    Hot Grips
    Rack extensions
    2nd seat rear quad box (Kimpex)
    Kimpex fender Guards/foot pegs
    2500lb Warn winch
    UNI air filter
    26" Maxxis Mud Bugs
    60" Moose Plow

more usless info

as long as your not putting your quad in your mouth i think you'll be ok

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as long as your not putting your quad in your mouth i think you'll be ok </div></div>

might not have a choice when the wheels fall off, hopefully you ride with a full face helmet.. [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Hot Grips
    Rack extensions
    2500lb Warn winch
    UNI air filter
    26" Maxxis Mud Bugs
    60" Moose Plow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no i'm not a dealer, I own a motobishi chase 500 and have been in contact with the dealer in my area. Those prices are for old stock the 07 motobishi sells for 5999.00 </div></div>

Funny, hard to believe seeing as how your homepage, and email both have motobishi in them, you wouldn't happen to be sleeping with the dealer then? [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Hot Grips
    Rack extensions
    2500lb Warn winch
    UNI air filter
    26" Maxxis Mud Bugs
    60" Moose Plow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">more usless info </div></div>
    CoolhandCanuck put forward his opinion no different than yours. He backed it up with legitimate reasonse. You have to remember that there is alot of crappy chinese quads. In fact I wuold be safe to say that there are more crappy ones than good ones. The Chinese market has earned it's bad name and will have to work very hard to prove that they are not junk. As CoolhandCanuck says that they don't have the engineering and manufacture parts at a lesser quality than the Japanes quads. Yamaha's R&D budget is probably more than the Motobishi net income. Jianshe has been in business since the mid 60's and they are less than 1% of the market shares. Bomb has been in the ATV game for 10years I am guessing and they already have 3%. There is a reason for this and it is because of the quality and not because of there price as they are generally a thousand dollars more than the same CC of the competition.
    2007 Grizzly 700 Camo
    ITP Type 6 rims
    26" ITP 589's
    Full Yamaha Skidplates
    Engine stock but not for long......

Slightly modded 2004 Grizzly(sold)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">add rim tires and a 3000lb winch and and tell me your price. </div></div>

Sorry,add 1100 dollars to the price if you want the other goodies.But these are going to be brand name tires,and probably a little more aggressive than the ones the Motobishi will come with.
    Hey maniac,you don't have to preach to me about the Chinese quads.Read the forums here.I was going to and might still get into the Chinese market.It's just that right now with the OEM prices so low,it (IMHO) isn't worth it.And Coolhand is right,the reliablity just isn't as good as the OEM's,PERIOD!
    Don't forget,the Chinese copy everything.What do you think the 700 is?? It's a 660 engine with a big bore (686).When the Chinese start designing there own idea's,then then brag about there reliability.Also,the materials they use aren't the same.You can tell by looking at it,and the smell. (There palstic stinks) [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    So anyway,don't get so defensive on the whole China issue.Some of there quads that are cloned off the better OEM's are not bad but they still have a long way to go in quality control and by using better materials.

Since we're all arguing,let's do a price comparison.
    MotoBishi with all the bells and whistles-6999.95
    2007 450 Kingquad with all the bells and whistles 8299.95

So for 1300.00 more you get EFI,a Japanese made product,and a more modern machine than the Motobishi.You guy's take your pick but I know what I'd be getting...
    2006 Brute Force &quot;650i&quot;,with...784 BigBore,11.5:1 pistons Race Cams etc etc,(110Plus hp),Elkas,Ricochet skid plates,Muzzy Pro Exhaust,Dyna FS ignition,SS212's on 27&quot; Zillas HEMI Orange Engine lol etc etc etc etc etc.....

As you can tell by my signature, I run some older machines. I don't want to go looking for parts for a 5yr old Chinese quad and find out that the company is out of business. Not much chance of that happening with a Honda, Yammy, etc. I can still get parts for my 20 y/o street and trail bike. How many parts will be available for your Motobishi in 2027?
    02 Wolverine, FMF Megamax, Dial-A-Jet, K&N, 25in Bearclaws, 2500lb Warn, hot grips/thumb,110w driving lights, etc
    93 Suzuki RMX250, Gnarly pipe, GP steering damper
    87Yamaha XT350, Supertrap, 98 Honda XR70, 01 Honda XR50

Still sounds like a dealer to me, trying to sell us from the first sentance. Just keep in mind, the next time your trying to sell something dont argue with the custumer!

Had a guy at a yamaha dealer argue with me about 5 years ago, they still haven't seen a penny from me.
    Big Bear 400 4x4
    25" Mudlite XL
    Cargo Seat/Footpegs

I will add a different spin than Motobisi_Maniac as I also own 2 of the 500 machines. Performance and realiability has been good in all of the terrain and challenges we throw at them. However there have been a couple of issues, the diff lock switch is made of plastic not metal like Yamaha and broke on both machines after 300km, the plastic quality is cheap, foot guards break and crack at the slightest rub. My dealer has been good and responded to fix all issues so happy with that but if you spend less , I guess expect less quality. Good side is that Grizzly aftermarket parts and replacement parts will fit. (my dealer used these). In speaking to my dealer MOtobishi will supply warranty parts but not the labour under warranty so dealers may not jump to the pump to repair your machines under warranty if there is an issue. After speaking tothe importer directly they are trying to make improvements to be part of the market share so hopefully they will improve the support to the dealer network. (in Alberta anyway)

Overall happy with the quads and because of my dealeer still willing to give them a fair shake, but they are certainly not equal to the quality control of the mainline brands.
    Konker 110cc mini Raptor
    Jianshe 250CC
    Motobishi 500cc X 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MADKAWI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">add rim tires and a 3000lb winch and and tell me your price. </div></div>

Since we're all arguing,let's do a price comparison.
    MotoBishi with all the bells and whistles-6999.95
    2007 450 Kingquad with all the bells and whistles 8299.95
    ..</div></div>

The 08's are $6995.00
    The 07's are $5995.00

What can you sell a 08 with all the bells and whistles for?

What ar you talking about?The 07/08 Kingquads? I assume you mean the 08's. I think they are 6-700.00 more.
    2006 Brute Force &quot;650i&quot;,with...784 BigBore,11.5:1 pistons Race Cams etc etc,(110Plus hp),Elkas,Ricochet skid plates,Muzzy Pro Exhaust,Dyna FS ignition,SS212's on 27&quot; Zillas HEMI Orange Engine lol etc etc etc etc etc.....

.... 2 guys, registared on the same day, both with Motobishi in the name, well, thats not obvious.

Wait, I have a feeling a guy named Lilbear2007 will agree with me in a few min!! Rofl
    Big Bear 400 4x4
    25" Mudlite XL
    Cargo Seat/Footpegs

Your still hung up on the theory that i'm a dealer, but i have nothing to sell. I bought one of the 500's and was excited when I heard about the 700. I wanted to hear if anyone else has seen or heard this.

JJ recreational in North Bay Ontario says they will be getting the 700,s in the new year.Was talking to them about a 2X4 250 for the wife and they say their warranty on all Motobishi atvs is 1 year parts and labour on whole machine and they will sell one to me for $2999.00 with free shipping.Thinking pretty good deal as the wife is pretty easy on machines and I can pretty much repair and upgrade a lot of weak parts on a simple 2X4 atv.Besides I don't really need power steering,GPS,fuel injection,liquid cooling and 800cc engines just to trail ride.I have seen the 500 Chase up close and looks like a good solid machine for the price.

Again,why spend 3000.00 bucks on one of those??? I am selling 2007 Honda 250 Rincon ES's for 3999.95 with 6 months warranty. I'm sure there is someone near you selling them for around the same price.Believe me,that 1000 bucks will pay for itself.Plus it'll actually be worth something when you go to sell it.And the electric shift is nice to have as well.Just my 2 cents again.

Every dealer will blow out there old stock because no one wants a machine that is already depriciated a year but you sell as brand new. Why pay $1000.00 more for less warrenty, an 07 instead of an 08, and no free shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Motobishi_Maniac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every dealer will blow out there old stock because no one wants a machine that is already depriciated a year but you sell as brand new. Why pay $1000.00 more for less warrenty, an 07 instead of an 08, and no free shipping. </div></div>

when you get your head screwed on right then I'll argue with ya!

P.S when the Chinese copy a 2001 model and build it in 2008,is that considered a 2001 or 2008? lol

P.S.S- When you buy a Honda Recon, why would you need warranty? They don't have cheap plastic floor boards and they certainly don't make anything out of that cheap pot metal.

P.S.S.S- What's your china quad going to be worth compared to the Honda in five years?

well i own a motobishi chase 500. i know that there are more junk atvs comming out of china then good ones but i know for a fact that the motobishi is a very good quality bike. i know alot of people are scared to try to "new" bike on the market but did not every brand have to start somewere? i am not saying that these off-brand atvs will become as big as the others but i am not saying that it won't. my 2 cents
    2008 PowermaX RoughRider 700. dynetech cdi, highlifter 2inch lift kit ,26" DirtDevil II tires, seizmik seat covers, sony cd player and a custom speaker box, custom grab bars (for her).....more to come

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...man_aka_me123/

Well I don't really care for resale value as it will be rode till it,s end.Besides we all know now how much the Jap companies have been price gouging Canadians over the years or there would not have been so many U.S quads being brought into Canada when the dollars became equal and now they decide to even out the prices and Bombardier won't even allow their American dealers to sell to Canadians even after our hard earned tax dollars bailed them out of bankruptcy.I owned a 1992 brand new Polaris Indy 500 snowmobile that was absolutely junk (kept leaning out a roasting pistons and blowing belts)the dealer was a DICK after the sale (That's not our problem) so I really feel no need to run out and give my money to the country that damn near starved my Grandpa to death as a P.O.W in Singapore during WW2.Being brought up on a farm,I know how to keep machinery in repair

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vstar650ca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I don't really care for resale value as it will be rode till it,s end.Besides we all know now how much the Jap companies have been price gouging Canadians over the years or there would not have been so many U.S quads being brought into Canada when the dollars became equal and now they decide to even out the prices and Bombardier won't even allow their American dealers to sell to Canadians even after our hard earned tax dollars bailed them out of bankruptcy.I owned a 1992 brand new Polaris Indy 500 snowmobile that was absolutely junk (kept leaning out a roasting pistons and blowing belts)the dealer was a DICK after the sale (That's not our problem) so I really feel no need to run out and give my money to the country that damn near starved my Grandpa to death as a P.O.W in Singapore during WW2.Being brought up on a farm,I know how to keep machinery in repair </div></div>

Ah WWII...I think we're getting off topic there...
    As for the Indy 500,that was probably one the most bullet proof sleds anyone ever made.If you were siezing pistons,it was obviously something wrong and the dealer should have been able to fix it.
    Back to the topic.If you want to cheap out and buy that other quad that is fine.I'm not saying that Chinese quads are all junk,but even the best ones are no Japanese quad.I work on them all and see first hand what is good and what isn't. I also ride in one of the most rugged inviroments on the Planet let alone Canada itself. I get to really put these machines to the test by just being on an average trail ride.
    I am concidering selling these Chinese atv's as well but while the prices are similar between Chinese and Japanese atv's,I'll be pushing the sale of a Japanese quad.The last thing I want to see is someone new to the sport getting turned off because they had a bad experience with a cheap quality atv.
    And the only thing the Chinese are building on there own design is the plastic and body styleing.I'd like to see them come out with there own design.