Thread: ODES 400 atv shifting problems

ODES 400 atv shifting problems

Hello all this is my first post. I have a 2006 honda foreman 500 and a 2007 odes 400 for atv's. Anyhow here is my Question. I have a odes 400 with electric shifting. Often I have difficulty going into reverse. Sometimes not at all. My brother in law has some of these and experienceing similar problems on one of his and one is locked in 3rd gear. Anyone out there have any expeience with these atv's and give some in sight on what to look for to resolve this problem. Thanks...
    2006 honda foreman 500
    2007 ODES 400

Re: ODES 400 atv shifting problems

ODES 400 UTV shifting issue, just had my up north for Moose Hunting. Placed unit on the trailer and it was in 4X4, when I took it off the trailer. It showed the switch in 4X4 but on the display it was in 2X4. After driving the 3rd day, my buddy was heading up a hill. Went to change from second gear to third, and it would not change gears. So he decided to head back to camp, another issue I have had with this unit. Is the fuel pump gets over heated and causes a vapour lock.

There is a manual shifter under the drivers seat, this shaft can be changed to a manual shifter. Working on this part right now.
    But think it's the module that is crap out. You can go to the ODES web site and download the parts manual. Only issue with this is that it's there part number that you can not match up with anything out there. But at a Honda fuel pump works on the ODES motor.

Think we should start listing areas where one can interchange the parts. But for the shifting issues, lift the front hood and
    you will see all the modules. If you look under them there is one module which controls the 4X4 and shifting. Think that is the module that is toast. In search for another one, I have e-mailed http://www.outbackpower.ca in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Dan Militere in Parts and Service is pretty helpful and will try his best in getting the parts.

Mace

I own a 400 ODES as well. Also has a shifting problem. I talked to the fellow that sold me the unit and he told me the factory had told him to put a shim between the module and motor. The module is to tight. I did that and it has made a big difference. Also if the battery is at all low it will not shift either.

I resolved my problem. There is a a clutch adjustment screw/bolt. I followed the instructuions in the owners manual. I also lowered the idol alittle.
    2006 honda foreman 500
    2007 ODES 400